Coach Clearance Requirements
Coaches play an important role in the lives of our student athletes. To ensure the safety and welfare of our student athletes, coaches are required to go through several training courses and obtain coaching, CPR, AED, and First Aid certification to be eligible to coach at the San Mateo Union High School District. Below is a list of requirements to be cleared to coach.
- Livescan Fingerprinting
- Activity Supervisor Clearance Certificate (ASCC)
- Tuberculosis Risk Assessment and/or Tuberculosis Test
- First Aid Certification (online courses are not accepted)
- CPR/AED Certification (online courses are not accepted)
- CIF Coach Training and Certification (the District offers this training three times per year, or it can be taken at nfhslearn.com/courses/61026)
- Concussion in Sports Training
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) Training
- Keenan Safe Schools Online Training
- Water Safety (for water sports)
If you are interested in coaching at one of the schools in the San Mateo Union High School District, please look for open positions on http://www.edjoin.org
If you are a new coach, please contact Lauren Rosaia (firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-558-2220) to begin the clearance process.
If you are a current coach and have questions about your clearance or the clearance process, please contact Lauren Rosaia, email@example.com or 650-558-2220.